Take a look at your house (i.e., castle). How does it make you feel? Do the cracks and gaps in your window casings drive you crazy with anger or sadness? Does scraping off that stubborn paint from the last remodel seem overwhelming each time? Be honest, we know there are some ugly things on your property. However, it’s great to know that durable vinyl siding products have revolutionized the world of home improvement by cutting through any obstacle thrown its way!
Vinyl siding has steadily increased in popularity for both new homes and renovations. Vinyl is a durable, affordable option that can last up to 50 years without any noticeable damage. That said, it’s important to know the pros and cons of it, so you can make an informed decision on your home improvement project.
Vinyl siding is an excellent way to add beauty and protection to your home. Although it is not as visually appealing as stone or brick, but comes in many styles, colors and textures that can make any house look unique from any other on the block! This is affordable and easy to install over the pre-existing materials of your exterior walls. Many homeowners agree, vinyl siding is the perfect way to cover up that old, ugly brick exterior that you think is an eyesore!
Existing vinyl siding is made of PVC (polyvinyl chloride), which releases formaldehyde as it deteriorates. Now, with new innovations in the industry, there are newer types that release less volatile organic compounds — such as CFC-11 and HCFCs — into the atmosphere. With less volatile materials than ever before, vinyl siding will protect you from those pesky pests who keep descending upon your roost!
Vinyl sidings come in many different-sized panels for one home or a whole community complex, from 1/8″ to 6″ thicknesses, allowing better protection against hail damage. If you’re tired of painting your house every few years, maybe it’s time to think about replacing those old paint-attracting surfaces with sleek vinyl that never needs scrubbing — but make sure you’re well-informed about this major purchase prior to picking out the right product for the exterior protection of your castle!
Here are some of the benefits Vinyl Siding:
- Comes in many different colors
- Great investment in your home’s value
- Durable and long-lasting
- Aesthetically pleasing
- You’ll feel at peace knowing that your home is protected from the elements
- Vinyl siding is energy efficient, helping you save money on your heating and cooling bills
- If you want a home that looks like it’s from the past, vinyl siding might be your best bet!
- The cost of vinyl siding is cheaper than other materials
- Does not need to be scraped and painted every few years, which saves time and money
- Vinyl siding can be installed quickly and without a lot of tools, making it easy for do-it-yourselfer
- Your home will look beautiful, and your neighbors will envy you
And here are some of the pitfalls:
- Doesn’t last as long as other types of exterior materials, such as brick or stone
- The color of vinyl siding can fade over time if not properly maintained
- Not a good option for homes with uneven or slanted walls
- Does not have the same insulation value as wood or metal
- There are limited design options when choosing vinyl siding
- It’s difficult to remove scratches if they happen over time
The many benefits of vinyl siding outweigh the few cons. The installation process can be complicated and time-consuming, but this is a one-time investment that will last for years to come.
Other Frequently-Asked Questions About Vinyl Siding:
- Will vinyl siding increase the value of my home?
You may be surprised to find out that vinyl siding will increase the value of your home by up to 14%. This is because it’s a durable material and can last for decades with no need for maintenance or painting.
In addition to being one of the most popular exterior building materials available today, studies conducted over many years, as well as customer feedback from homeowners across America, have shown that vinyl siding not only looks great, but provides peace of mind against frequent painting, rot and other damages which could reduce its durability and lifespan prematurely. If you are considering it in order to increase the value of your home, we recommend that you factor in the annual upkeep and replacement costs when determining whether this project would be financially beneficial for you.
- What if I change my mind after installing vinyl siding?
It’s a question that many homeowners ask themselves before signing up for the project. Fortunately, there are options available for reversing or removing any unwanted features of new construction and remodeling projects long after they have been completed. Vinyl is one such material. It can be removed altogether with little to no damage left behind on the surface underneath! The cost may prohibit some people from immediately ripping off their newly-installed siding, but in cases where finances aren’t an issue, this might seem like too easy a solution to pass up!
As a homeowner, you spend a lot of time on your exterior home maintenance. The decision to install vinyl siding on your home is a big one that will impact the look, feel and price of your home for years to come. Ultimately, your decision will depend on what kind of style you’re going for and how much money you want to spend on home improvements. We hope we have given you enough information about how your home could benefit from as well as some drawbacks to consider, so that you can make an informed choice when deciding how best to care for your exterior property.